Followers

Friday, February 13, 2015

Have A Meaningful Chinese New Year - Monday in The Star

“Though we profess different faiths and belong to different cultures, we have always worked together in close harmony.” – Penang’s First Chief Minister, Tan Sri Wong Pow Nee (1913 – 2002)

Let us be Moderate: How to take ownership as an agent of moderation

In our last Christmas advertisement, we introduced the Ten Principles for a Moderate Malaysian. In this advert, we are elaborating on the first principle. Please follow our ensuing adverts for the remaining nine.

Principle Number One.

I will take ownership. I will take responsibility. I do not wait for others to act in moderation. I will take the first step. I AM THE AGENT OF MODERATION.

1.           I will be moderate in my daily living.

I will follow a moderate lifestyle. I will avoid any form of excessiveness in my daily life. I will be moderate in my spending, my eating habits, and how I dress. While always striving to be better, I will never let greed surpass me. I will not be too quick to judge and condemn others. I will take ownership in my political stance. I will not follow someone blindly nor will I condemn someone outrightly. I will not be influenced by the partisan madness. I will be the embodiment of moderation – I am the agent of moderation.

2.            I will be moderate in my communications  and interactions.

I will be moderate in expressing my thoughts and opinions. I will be careful in making statements. I will avoid from making any remarks that are offensive, racist, narrow minded and bigoted. I shall shy away from making any form of accusations or absolute statements. I will not misuse online anonymity to hurt others. Before speaking, I shall always ask myself whether what I am about to say is true, kind, and beneficial. Last but not least, when I find myself in a position of dissent, I will learn to agree to disagree.

3.             I will be moderate in my emotional reactions.

I take ownership and responsibility towards my own emotions. I know no one can make me feel bad without my consent. Even when I am angry, I will practice moderation. I will channel my anger to the right person, at the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way. 

You and I, we must take ownership and be Moderate Malaysians.

At zubedy, our programs draw strength from shared values and traditions. We believe that at heart, all Malaysians want good things for themselves and for their brother and sister Malaysians, simply because our nation cannot prosper as a whole if some of us are left behind.

Let us be, first and foremost, Malaysians.

Let us add value,
Have A Meaningful Chinese New Year. 


No comments: