Let’s Read The Quran 2016 Campaign
From 1st March to 31st March 2016
The Let’s Read The Quran campaign was initiated in 2009 by a group of friends. We received good traction and participation during the campaign where more than 50 bloggers carried our logo and articles.
This campaign is to encourage people to read the Quran in a language they understand. It is not confined to Muslims. We encourage everyone to join this campaign.
In 2016, we want to bring the campaign to a larger audience and take it a notch higher. We are outlining many interesting activities to attract and excite people to read the Quran. While centered in Malaysia, we plan to make the campaign known internationally.
Our vision is to make this campaign an annual effort and after that, it will be a recognized campaign that will spur Muslims and others to read and understand the Quran.
While today Malaysia leads in the Tilawah Al-Quran competition, we hope Malaysia becomes a leader in encouraging the world to read, understand and appreciate the Quran at the grassroots, too.
To make the Quran read and understood.
1. To democratize the Quran
2. To make every Muslim a student of the Quran
3. To encourage non-Muslims to look at the Quran as a universal document
4. To bring the Quranic values closer to the day-to-day living of Muslims
5. To encourage people to read the Quran daily, even if it is one verse per day
6. To invite non-Muslims to join Muslims to discuss the Quran.
1st March 2016 – 31st March 2016.
YABhg Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad
Here are the main activities during the campaign:
1. Through social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
2. The sharing of articles through blogs
3. 31 posters of 31 well-known people such as politicians, social activists, celebrities, athletes, religious and business leaders including non-Muslims
4. “Sedekah” a translated Quranic verse through Whatsapp and social media
5. Encourage everybody to share their favourite Quranic verses
Here are the supporting activities during the campaign:
1. Post posters with Quranic verses in social media
2. Share Quran Indexes with friends and family
3. Post the meaning of Quranic verses on Facebook
4. Create discussion groups on Facebook
5. Create online forums to discuss the Quran
6. Print out colourful cards with Quranic verses
7. Make bookmarks with Quranic verses
8. Post a Quranic verse per day on social media
9. Post pictures on Instagram with Quranic verses and explanations
10. Write, post, share Quranic verses or short articles; both original and articles you have read
11. Ask questions about the Quranic message, ponder, reflect and suggest your thoughts and feelings
12. Create discussion groups to discuss the Quran with friends and acquaintances
13. Create websites to discuss the Quran
14. Create stickers with Quranic verses
1. A Malaysian initiated campaign.
2. Based on social media with people encouraging, sharing their opinions of the Quran and how can the Quran be applied in their daily lives.
3. Targeted at all levels right down to the lay people.
4. A hashtag #LRTQ2016 to be used on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram during the campaign period.