ANTHONY LOKE'S DEFEAT: THE MISSING PIECE
Anthony Loke's defeat in Chennah has generated many commentaries. Most have focused on Anthony himself, Pakatan Harapan's and DAP's performance over the past four years, or the broader political mood in the country. All these are reasonable factors to consider.
But I think many have overlooked what could well be the most important reason.
If this was simply a rejection of PH - DAP, how do we explain the fact that many other senior DAP leaders won comfortably, some by very large majorities?
That tells me there was another dynamic at work in Chennah.
My take is that internal DAP politics was one of the biggest reasons Anthony Loke lost his seat. I believe factional rivalry and the possibility of internal sabotage played a far greater role than many are prepared to admit.
Political parties do not only lose because of their opponents or because voters turn against them. Sometimes they lose because of what happens within their own ranks. And in Anthony Loke's case, I believe that deserves much greater attention than it has received.
Time will tell whether my reading is right. But I would not be surprised if internal DAP dynamics eventually prove to have been one of the decisive factors behind this result.
Peace.
Anas Zubedy
No comments:
Post a Comment