“MARRIAGE, DIVORCE AND RELIGION : SPEAKING ALOUD”
Open to Public
Understanding the real issues of inter-faith marriages & conversion, custody, maintenance & rights, domestic violence.
Jurisdiction: Assessing the status quo with recent judicial decisions, relevant civil and syariah laws.
11 JUNE 2009 (THURSDAY)
7.00 PM – 10.00 PM
LEVEL 3A, DEWAN CEMPAKA, MENARA PGRM 2
1. Assoc Prof. Dr. Azmi Shahrom (UM)
2. Ms. Foo Yet Ngo (Lawyer & Chairperson of Bar Council Family Law Committee)
3. Adjunct Prof. Dr. Mehrun Siraj (IIUM, former Suhakam Commissioner and Secretary-General of Transparency International Malaysia)
4. Mr. K. Shanmuga (Lawyer for Subashini and Indira Gandhi cases)
5. Encik Hanif Kathri (Syariah counsel in Subashini, Indira Gandhi & Lina Joy cases)
Dato’ Chang Ko Youn, Dep. President & Chairman of Human Rights and Legal Bureau, PGRM
Sdri. Jayanthi Devi
Pemuda National Parti Gerakan Rakyat Malaysia
Pemuda Legal, Public Complaint & Social Welfare Bureau