Come 6th May 2013 no matter what the results of the 13th General Election may be, we need to allocate time for healing. Our country has been split into partisan blocs where we throw hurtful words at each other. This has wounded the vibrancy of our peaceful society, thus let us begin the healing. Please join us.
We are starting with a initiative that takes us to the road of healing. We need your help. To heal our country, let us work hand in hand, heart in heart. Together we can put back love, respect, and dignity in this country.
Preparing for Post General Election 2013
#SaySomethingNice 2013 – Healing Malaysia: Putting back some love into the nation
The campaign started a few years ago, taking 17 days from 31 August until 16 September. It is a campaign to encourage truce and showcase the best about our nation. During this short period, we want to portray Malaysia in a very positive light. We want Malaysians to appreciate Malaysia.
For 2013, we want to make the #SaySomethingNice campaign a HEALING campaign. As the last 5 year’s extreme partisanship has drawn us apart. As we are trying to progress we may have overstepped on each other’s foot in our overzealousness to make the country better. While this may continue there must be a safety valve; a time we spend to be positive.
We need to increase the love towards each other. We need to remind that while we oppose each other, we are not enemies. Everyone is fighting to make the country matter, but in different approaches.
We need a feel-good time. Let’s make the 17 days of the campaign such a time where we utter things that make us feel good and appreciate each other more.
How you can help us
You can write, speak, organize projects and activities, and participate within the areas of your expertise. For example:
- If you are a social entrepreneur, invite your audience to join the campaign.
- If you are a social media enthusiast, spread the message through Twitter, Facebook, Google +, and your blogs etc.
- If you are a radio announcer, talk about this campaign with your listeners.
- If you are a sports writer, write about 17 great Malaysian sportsmen.
- If you are a student, spend the 17 days saying ‘Thank You’ to your teachers.
- If you are a radio announcer, have your audience talk about 17 wonderful things about Malaysia.
- If you are a photographer, capture 17 moving pictures that represent the country.
- If you are someone good with videos, make a short video or movie.
- If you are from BN, say something nice about PR and vice versa.
- If you are from a government agency, exchange cards with other departments or agencies where you praise each other’s hard work.
- If you are from a non-government entity, put up a message board in your office and during the campaign period, have everybody write something nice about others on that board.
On our part, zubedy will do the following:
- Put up posters online; our blog, Facebook page, and Twitter.
- Feature the campaign on a full-page advertisement in a local daily newspaper.
- Work with third parties to put up huge posters of #SaySomethingNice campaign on buildings.
- Get school and college students to join in and participate using their own creativity.
- Bloggers, vloggers, local celebrities, Malaysians abroad, and social media enthusiasts to participate and spread the message through social media and their writing.
- Non-governmental organizations to promote the message.
- Radio announcers and alternative TVs to announce the message and encourage listeners to join in.
- Companies to put up a #SaySomethingNice board in their offices for their employees to write nice short notes about each other.
- Social entrepreneurs to give talks about this campaign.
With this campaign, we hope to hit one million people of whom include:
- Bloggers/vloggers/social media enthusiasts
- Schools and colleges
- Governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Local and multi-national companies
- Malaysians abroad
- Social entrepreneurs
- Political and community leaders
- Radio and television personas
In the long run, we feel this campaign will gain enough momentum at the national level where all Malaysians will partake. Imagine every day of the 17 days we feature all the different great stuff we have such as our cultural and religious traditions, our food, our sports, and more in Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah, and Sarawak.
We envision this campaign to be celebrated by all Malaysians in the same manner the Japanese celebrates Sakura Festival, how India celebrates Holi Day, or how Rio De Janeiro celebrates Mardi Gras (minus the booze of course). This in the long run will help feature Malaysia and bring people from all over the world to come and see our Unity.
I am inviting you and I hope you can join us for this campaign. I have a team of young people who are willing to work but we need help to achieve a sizeable momentum. Our small team will get the ball rolling and facilitate but to involve the whole country, we need your support and participation. For more information, please contact Hidayah Mazlan at email@example.com or 03-77270758
Looking forward for you to join this campaign. Please write to me as soon as possible.
Let us add value,