Let’s Read The Quran 2018 Campaign
From 1st March to 31st March 2018
The Let’s Read The Quran campaign was first initiated in 2009 by a group of friends. We received good traction and participation during the campaign where more than 50 bloggers carried our logo and articles. In 2016, the campaign was taken to the next level with the involvement from the media and with a larger pool of supporters.
This campaign is to encourage people to read the Quran in a language they best understand. It is opened to both Muslims and Non-Muslims. We encourage everyone to join this campaign.
This year, we want to angle the campaign from a different viewpoint. We believe that by getting our contributors to share their stories on how the Quran relates to them helps to inspire others, both Muslims and Non-Muslims, to connect to the Quran too.
Our vision is to make this campaign a biennial effort and after that, it will be a recognized campaign that will spur Muslims and others to read and understand the Quran. We hope Malaysia becomes a leader in encouraging the world to read, understand and appreciate the Quran at the grassroots, too.
To make the Quran read and understood.
MISSION / WHY?
1. To democratize the Quran
2. To make every Muslim a student of the Quran
3. To encourage non-Muslims to look at the Quran as a universal document
4. To bring the Quranic values closer to the day-to-day living of Muslims
5. To encourage people to read the Quran daily, even if it is one verse per day
6. To invite non-Muslims to join Muslims to discuss the Quran.
WHEN WILL THE CAMPAIGN START AND END?
1st March 2018 – 31st March 2018.
Here are the main activities during the campaign:
1. Through social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, blogs etc.
2. 31 featured stories of 31 prominent individuals such as politicians, social activists,celebrities, athletes, religious and business leaders including non-Muslims.
3. Post interview videos of the 31 featured contributors on social media.
4. The sharing of articles through social media.
5. Share daily Quranic verses on social media by prominent individuals and social media influencers.
6. Create discussion groups to discuss on simple Quranic verses with friends and acquaintances.
Here are the supporting activities during the campaign:
1. Share daily Quranic verses on social media.
2. Post pictures on Instagram with Quranic verses and explanations.
3. “Sedekah” a translated Quranic verse through Whatsapp and social media.
4. Encourage everybody to share their favourite Quranic verses.
5. Share Quran Indexes with friends and family.
6. Encourage participation from individuals and groups internationally.
7. Write, post, share short Quranic articles; both original and articles you have read.
8. Ask questions about the Quranic message, ponder, reflect and suggest your thoughts and feelings.
SCOPE OF THE CAMPAIGN
1. A Malaysian initiated campaign.
2. Based on social media with people encouraging, sharing their opinions of the Quran and how can the Quran be applied in their daily lives.
3. Targeted at all levels right down to the lay people.
4. A hashtag #LRTQ2018 to be used on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram during the campaign period.
WHO CAN JOIN?
Everyone – the more the merrier!
LET’S READ THE QURAN CAMPAIGN LAUNCH
20th February 2018
9:30 am to 12:00 pm
zubedy (m) sdn bhd, 5-7, Level 5, Oval Tower Damansara, Jalan Damansara, 60000 Kuala Lumpur
SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
Please hashtag #LRTQ2018!