In yesterday’s entry, I shared about Taqwa and God-Consciousness as being the center of being a basic Muslim. It is most fitting that today we chat about JUSTICE as according to the Quran, nearest to being God-Conscious is being JUST AND EQUITABLE! Let’s allow the Quran to speak.
There are many verses on the subject, as like the previous post, I will share about 10 in this entry. All emphasis are mine to help readers focus on a particular message.
1. O YOU who have attained to faith! Be ever steadfast in your devotion to God, bearing witness to the truth in all equity; and never let hatred of any-one lead you into the sin of deviating from justice. Be just: this is closest to being God-conscious. And remain conscious of God: verily, God is aware of all that you do. Quran 5:8
2. O YOU who have attained to faith! Be ever steadfast in upholding equity, bearing witness to the truth for the sake of God, even though it be against your own selves or your parents and kinsfolk. Whether the person concerned be rich or poor, God's claim takes precedence over [the claims of] either of them. Do not, then, follow your own desires, lest you swerve from justice: for if you distort [the truth], behold, God is indeed aware of all that you do! – Quran 4:135
3. WOE UNTO THOSE who give short measure: those who, when they are to receive their due from [other] people, demand that it be given in full, but when they have to measure or weigh whatever they owe to others, give less than what is due! Do they not know that they are bound to be raised from the dead [and called to account] on an awesome Day - Quran 83:1-5
4. Now, among those whom We have created there are people who guide [others] in the way of the truth and act justly in its light. - Quran 7:181
5. those who eagerly listen to any falsehood, greedily swallowing all that is evil! Hence, if they come to thee [for judgment], thou mayest either judge between them or leave them alone: for, if thou leave them alone, they cannot harm thee in any way. But if thou dost judge, judge between them with equity: verily, God knows those who act equitably Quran 5:42
6. Indeed, [even aforetime] did We send forth Our apostles with all evidence of [this] truth; and through them We bestowed revelation from on high, and [thus gave you] a balance [wherewith to weigh right and wrong], so that men might behave with equity; and We bestowed [upon you] from on high [the ability to make use of] iron, in which there is awesome power as well as [a source of] benefits for man: and [all this was given to you] so that God might mark out those who would stand up for him and His Apostle, even though He [Himself] is beyond the reach of human perception. Verily, God is powerful, almighty! - Quran 57:25
7. Because of this, then, summon [all mankind], and pursue the right course, as thou hast been bidden [by God]; and do not follow their likes and dislikes, but say: “I believe in whatever revelation God has bestowed from on high; and I am bidden to bring about equity in your mutual views. God is our Sustainer as well as your Sustainer. To us shall be accounted our deeds, and to you, your deeds. Let there be no contention between us and you: God will bring us all together - for with Him is all journeys’ end. Quran 42:15
8. As for such [of the unbelievers] as do not fight against you on account of [your] faith, and neither drive you forth from your homelands, God does not forbid you to show them kindness and to behave towards them with full equity: for, verily, God loves those who act equitably. God only forbids you to turn in friendship towards such as fight against you because of [your] faith, and drive you forth from your homelands, or aid [others] in driving you forth: and as for those [from among you] who turn towards them in friendship; it is they, they who are truly wrongdoers! – Quran 60:8-9
9. BEHOLD, God bids you to deliver all that you have been entrusted with unto those who are entitled thereto, and whenever you judge between people, to judge with JUSTICE. Verily, most excellent is what God exhorts you to do: verily, God is all-hearing, all-seeing! - Quran 4:58
10. BEHOLD, God enjoins JUSTICE, and the doing of good, and generosity towards [one's] fellow-men; and He forbids all that is shameful and all that runs counter to reason, as well as envy; [and] He exhorts you [repeatedly] so that you might bear [all this] in mind - Quran 16:90
Please do contribute more Quranic verse/s with the same theme should you like too.
Google about JUST, EQUITY, JUSTICE in the Quran and find out more. Be JUST as it is nearest to being God-Conscious and God loves those who act equitably 😊
Here's the link to our Share The Quran e-book, A Collection of Selected Verses from the Quran in 5 Languages.
For more info on the Let's Read The Quran Campaign, kindly follow the below link: