Yesterday we chatted about those who are successful where I shared 24 entries from the Quran that deal with AFLAHA - to prosper, to be successful gain the upper hand and be happy. To attain a happy state as the purpose of life.
The Quran uses the same root word and shared about those who will not attain to a happy state.
Here are 9 entries on the subject.
All emphasis are mine to help readers focus on a particular message.
1. And who could be more wicked than he who attributes his own lying inventions to God or gives the lie to His messages? Verily, such evildoers will never attain to a happy state: Quran 6:21
2. Say: "O my [unbelieving] people! Do yet all that may be within your power, [while] I, behold, shall labour [in God's way]; and in time you will come to know to whom the future belongs. Verily, never will evildoers attain to a happy state!" Quran 6:135
3. And who could be more wicked than they who attribute their own lying inventions to God or give the lie to His messages? Verily, those who are lost in sin will never attain to a happy state Quran 10:17
4. Say: "Verily, they who attribute their own lying inventions to God will never attain to a happy state!" Quran 10:69
5. Said Moses: "Do you speak thus of the truth after it has been brought to you? Can this be sorcery? But sorcerers can never come to a happy end!" Quran 10:77
6. Hence, do not utter falsehoods by letting your tongues determine [at your own discretion], "This is lawful and that is forbidden", thus attributing your own lying inventions to God: for, behold, they who attribute their own lying inventions to God will never attain to a happy state! Quran 16:116
7. Hence, he who invokes, side by side with God, any other deity [- a deity] for whose existence he has no evidence - shall but find his reckoning with his Sustainer: [and,] verily, such deniers of the truth will never attain to a happy state! Quran 23:117
8. And Moses replied: “My Sustainer knows best as to who comes with guidance from Him, and to whom the future belongs! Verily, never will evildoers attain to a happy state!” Quran 28:37
9. And on the morrow, those who but yesterday had longed to be in his place exclaimed: “Alas [for our not having been aware] that it is indeed God [alone] who grants abundant sustenance, or gives it in scant measure, unto whichever He wills of His creatures! Had not God been gracious to us, He might have caused [the earth] to swallow us, too! Alas [for our having forgotten] that those who deny the truth can never attain to a happy state!” Quran 28:82