From my reading and understanding, the Quran is positive about wealth but with some major caveats e.g. Quran 9:28, 2:268, 63:9, 28:78, 3:14, 25:67. Basically, you cannot leave behind anything to your heir if you do have something in the first place (Quran 4:33). So, making money and having wealth is not the issue.
But the Quran cautions us.
Wealth is a trial and temptation at Quran 64:15, cannot be kept only among the rich few at Quran 59:7 and the poor and the needy (animals, included) have their due share of community’s wealth at Quran 51:19, etc.
When we have money, the first thing we should do is to spend it on our family and next of kin, orphans, the needy, wayfarer, beggars and freeing of those in ‘bondage’ – like slaves, those trapped in the cycle of poverty, etc at Quran 2:177. That is part of Taqwa.
As a businessman I find the Quran as a sure moral source of doing things right. To not make money and wealth my God (Quran 34:37). To not cheat and to honor contracts (Quran 83:1-6, 2:188, 4:29).
As a businessman, I must remember that even though I am my own boss, ultimately, I report to God! (Quran 3:14).
As many of us are in a quest to ‘make more money’ for our family and livelihood, this topic is of real concern. Please to research further. I hope my sharing will help as a helpful trigger.
Here are a dozen entries on WEALTH AND MONEY.
All emphasis are mine to help readers focus on a particular message.
1. Satan threatens you with the prospect of poverty and bids you to be niggardly, whereas God promises you His forgiveness and bounty; and God is infinite, all-knowing, Quran 2:268
2. O YOU who have attained to faith! Those who ascribe divinity to aught beside God are nothing but impure: and so they shall not approach the Inviolable House of Worship from this year onwards And should you fear poverty, then [know that] in time God will enrich you out of His bounty, if He so wills: for, verily, God is all-knowing, wise! Quran 9:28
3. True piety does not consist in turning your faces towards the east or the west - but truly pious is he who believes in God, and the Last Day; and the angels, and revelation, and the prophets; and spends his substance - however much he himself may cherish - it - upon his near of kin, and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer, and the beggars, and for the freeing of human beings from bondage; and is constant in prayer, and renders the purifying dues; and [truly pious are] they who keep their promises whenever they promise, and are patient in misfortune and hardship and in time of peril: it is they that have proved themselves true, and it is they, they who are conscious of God. Quran 2:177
4. Whatever [spoils taken] from the people of those villages God has turned over to His Apostle - [all of it] belongs to God and the Apostle, and the near of kin [of deceased believers], and the orphans, and the needy, and the wayfarer, so that it may not be [a benefit] going round and round among such of you as may [already] be rich. Hence, accept [willingly] whatever the Apostle* gives you [thereof], and refrain from [demanding] anything that he withholds from you; and remain conscious of God: for, verily, God is severe in retribution. Quran 59:7
5. For, it is neither your riches nor your children that can bring you nearer to Us: only he who attains to faith and does what is right and just [comes near unto Us]; and it is [such as] these whom multiple recompense awaits for all that they have done; and it is they who shall dwell secure in the mansions [of paradise] –Quran 34:37
6. WOE UNTO THOSE who give short measure: those who, when they are to receive their due from [other] people, demand that it be given in full – but when they have to measure or weigh whatever they owe to others, give less than what is due! Do they not know that they are bound to be raised from the dead [and called to account] on an awesome Day – the Day when all men shall stand before the Sustainer of all the worlds? Quran 83:1-6
7. AND DEVOUR NOT one another's possessions wrongfully, and neither employ legal artifices with a view to devouring sinfully, and knowingly, anything that by right belongs to others. Quran 2:188
8. O YOU who have attained to faith! Do not devour one another's possessions wrongfully - not even by way of trade based on mutual agreement - and do not destroy one another: for, behold, God is indeed a dispenser of grace unto you! Quran 4:29
9. ALLURING unto man is the enjoyment of worldly desires through women, and children, and heaped-up treasures of gold and silver, and horses of high mark, and cattle, and lands. All this may be enjoyed in the life of this world - but the most beauteous of all goals is with God. Quran 3:14
10. And unto everyone have We appointed heirs to what he may leave behind: parents, and near kinsfolk, and those to whom you have pledged your troth give them, therefore, their share. Behold, God is indeed a witness unto everything. – Quran 4:33
11. And know that your worldly goods and your children are but a trial and a temptation, and that with God there is a tremendous reward. Quran 8:28
12. Wealth and children are an adornment of this, world's life: but good deeds, the fruit whereof endures forever, are of far greater merit in thy Sustainer's sight, and a far better source of hope. Quran 18:46
Be rich if you want to, but do not forget God.