According to the Quran, the entire universe is Muslim as all of God’s creation except man is not given a choice but ‘must surrender itself to God’s will’ (3:83). Man, being the only creation that was given the faculty of conceptual thoughts can create their own reality (2:31-33) and choose to surrender or otherwise. Man can use his ‘will’ to choose.
We can choose to blame on others or the environment or choose to take ownership and change from within.
Let us look on what the Quran say about the subject in these 10 entries.
All emphasis are mine to help readers focus on a particular message.
1. And so, he who shall have done an atom's weight of good, shall behold it; and he who shall have done an atom's weight of evil, shall behold it- Quran 99:7-8
2. WHOEVER does what is just and right, does so for his own good; and whoever does evil, does so to his own hurt: and never does God do the least wrong to His creatures. - Quran 41:46
3. For, had God so willed, He could surely have made you all one single community; however, He lets go astray him that wills [to go astray], and guides aright him that wills [to be guided]; and you will surely be called to account for all that you ever did! Quran 16:93
4. Yet do not argue in behalf of those who are false to their own selves: verily, God does not love those who betray their trust and persist in sinful ways. Quran 4:107
5. How, then, [will they fare] when We shall gather them all together to witness the Day about [the coming of] which there is no doubt, and every human being shall be repaid in full for what he has done, and none shall be wronged? – Quran 3:25
6. And spend [freely] in God's cause and let not your own hands throw you into destruction; and persevere in doing good: behold, God loves the doers of good. – Quran 2:195
7. That no bearer of burdens shall be made to bear another’s burden; and that naught shall be accounted unto man but what he is striving for; and that in time [the nature of] all his striving will be shown [to him in its true light], whereupon he shall be requited for it with the fullest requital; and that with thy Sustainer is the beginning and the end [of all that exists]; Quran 53:38-42
8. Now whatever calamity may befall you [on Judgment Day] will be an outcome of what your own hands have wrought, although He pardons much; Quran 42:30
9. He who has created death as well as life, so that He might put you to a test [and thus show] which of you is best in conduct, and [make you realize that] He alone is almighty, truly forgiving. – Quran 67:2
10. O you who have attained to faith! It is [but] for your own selves that you are responsible: those who go astray can do you no harm if you [yourselves] are on the right path. Unto God you all must return: and then He will make you [truly] understand all that you were doing [in life]. -Quran 5:105
In summary, God will not change our condition unless we take action to change ourselves (13:11).