Followers

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Promise Made A Decade Ago :)

It was ten years ago that I made a promise to God and myself. To play a more active role in creating value and promoting Unity in Malaysia. One of the plans then was to spend money and promote Unity via impactful, down to earth and relevant to daily living advertisements.

I wrote a mission statement (see below) and today I am taking stock. Perhaps by year’s end I will write an updated one. Thank you for being part of my quest to add value. But most of all let us give thanks to God, The Gracious and Merciful for giving us this chance to live as His creation.

Peace, anas


The Promise – Written in 2001

I intend to ADD VALUE to everyone and anything that I come to interact with and make the world a better place.

As this is an unending journey, I will never achieve my dreams … not in their fullest form. They are too far away in the idealistic world... but,

" The quest of truth will set you free, even if you never catch up with it".

I am one of those dreamers who have found a practical formula of living for today (compartmentalization) and try to achieve parts of my dreams a moment at a time, part by part. It is okay to die without achieving all the lofty dreams, as the spirit will be passed on to others, who are dreamers too.

I also plan to be rich, very rich! Not for the money but for the use of money as a platform to help me achieve my ideals.

God willing, you will see advertisements in the near future communicating universal values and spirituality by ZUBEDY the Brand.

Encourage schools and libraries and sponsor the poor's basic needs of food, shelter and education.

I hope to live to a century or two with healthy living, modern medicine and God's permission. Lead a full life, have many children. But not necessarily sired by me. Travel the world to witness God's creation and be at awe with the creativity that greets us wherever and whenever we turn.

I want to smell all the fragrance in the world be it the stink of the squatters in Mumbai or the pleasing scent of devotional flowers at a Balinese lebaran.

And to know that each experience has a purpose which is to ADD VALUE to the living, the dead and the unborn.

Anas Zubedy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well written. I like.

samaritan said...

Anas what do you really meant by your quote?

" The quest of truth will set you free, even if you never catch up with it".