The Quran provide many clear verses about Prophet Muhammad. Here I would like to share some selected verses showing the kind of man he was. To me, he is the best role model I can ever have (Quran 33:21) and the standard for moral excellence.
The Quran say he was sent as a mercy to all at 21:107 and was sent to all of mankind at 34:28. He truly cared for all of us at 9:128. He is a witness to God’s goodness as he strives and became very successful. He came to provide us hope and he is the lamp that gives a bright light at 33:45-47.
He was a man just like other prophets before him and his death is natural. We must continue his work as God lives at 3:144. As he is human, he makes mistakes but he reflected, learn and change (80:1-10).
He is good nature, kind and compassionate at 3:159 and he does not force anyone to follow him at 2:256. His KPI is to deliver the message of the Quran that he did par excellence at 75:16-19. After all that he has done for us, yet, he does not ask or expect any reward from us (Quran 25:55-58, 38:86-88).
To be successful, we are to follow Allah and The Prophet (Quran 3:32, 4:69, 8:20, 4:80) and the way to follow The Prophet in order to get the right guidance is to follow The Quran at 7:158.
Here are the selected verses from the above.
All emphasis are mine to help readers focus on a particular message.
1. VERILY, in the Apostle of God you have a good example for everyone who looks forward [with hope and awe] to God and the Last Day, and remembers God unceasingly. Quran 33:21
2. And [thus, O Prophet,] We have sent thee as [an evidence of Our] grace towards all the worlds. Quran 21:107
3. NOW [as for thee, O Muhammad,] We have not sent thee otherwise than to mankind at large, to be a herald of glad tidings and a warner; but most people do not understand [this], Quran 34:28
4. And as for thee,] O Prophet - behold, We have sent thee as a witness [to the truth], and as a herald of glad tidings and a warner, and as one who summons [all men] to God by His leave, and as a light-giving beacon. And [so,] convey to the believers the glad tiding that a great bounty from God awaits them; Quran 34:45-47
5. AND MUHAMMAD is only an apostle; all the [other] apostles have passed away before him: if, then, he dies or is slain, will you turn about on your heels? But he that turns about on his heels can in no wise harm God - whereas God will requite all who are grateful [to Him].- Quran 3:144
6. HE FROWNED and turned away, because the blind man approached him! Yet for all thou didst know, [O Muhammad,] he might perhaps have grown in purity, or have been reminded [of the truth], and helped by this reminder. Now as for him who believes himself to be self-sufficient to him didst thou give thy whole attention, although thou art not accountable for his failure to attain to purity; but as for him who came unto thee full of eagerness and in awe [of God] him didst thou disregard! Quran 80:1-10
7. And it was by God's grace that thou [O Prophet] didst deal gently with thy followers: for if thou hadst been harsh and hard of heart, they would indeed have broken away from thee. Pardon them, then, and pray that they be forgiven. And take counsel with them in all matters of public concern; then, when thou hast decided upon a course of action, place thy trust in God: for, verily, God loves those who place their trust in Him. Quran 3:159
8. MOVE NOT thy tongue in haste, [repeating the words of the revelation:] for, behold, it is for Us to gather it [in thy heart,] and to cause it to be read [as it ought to be read]. Thus, when We recite it, follow thou its wording [with all thy mind]: and then, behold, it will be for Us to make its meaning clear. Quran 75:16-19
9. And yet, some people worship, instead of God, things that can neither benefit them nor harm them: thus, he who denies the truth does indeed turn his back on his Sustainer! Yet [withal, O Prophet,] We have sent thee only as a herald of glad tidings and a warner. Say: “For this, no reward do I ask of you [- no reward] other than that he who so wills may unto his Sustainer find a way!” Hence, place thy trust in the Living One who dies not, and extol His limitless glory and praise: for none is as aware as His creatures’ sins as He – Quran 25:55-58
10. For, all who pay heed unto God and the Apostle shall be among those upon whom God has bestowed His blessings: the prophets, and those who never deviated from the truth, and those who [with their lives] bore witness to the truth, and the righteous ones: and how goodly a company are these! Quran 4:69
11. Say [O Muhammad]: "O mankind! Verily, I am an apostle of God to all of you, [sent by Him] unto whom the dominion over the heavens and the earth belongs! There is no deity save Him; He [alone] grants life and deals death!" Believe, then, in God and His Apostle-the unlettered Prophet who believes in God and His words-and follow him, so that you might find guidance! Quran 7:158